- About Us
- Vice President for Research and Community Service
- የአማርኛ ቋንቋ ማበልጸጊያ ተቋም
- ARCCD Research Center
- Biotechnology Research Institute
- Blue Nile Water Institute
- Energy Research Center
- GIS Research Center
- Institute of Pedagogical and Educational Research
- Tex & Garment Research Center
- Washera Geospace and Radar Science Laboratory
- Entrepreneurship Development and Incubation Center
- Institute of Economic Research
- Mecha Demographic Surveillance
- BDU TV
Center holds the 5th National GIS Summit
BDU’s Geo-spatial Data and Technology Center has held the 5th national Geographic Information System (GIS) Summit from 11-12 of May 2018 at Wisdom Hall, Bahir Dar University.
The university’s vice president for research and community service, Dr. Mulunesh Abebe, after welcoming the participants of the summit, said that Geo-spatial data and technology nowadays has made human activity and life easier particularly in the developed world. In Ethiopia the utilization of the sector is still limited and BDU is committed to support and be part of the solution for the development of Geo-spatial data and technology in the country, she added.
The focus of this year’s summit is identifying the gaps between researchers and decision makers of the field and discuss on how the sector could contribute for the development of the nation, said the Center’s director Dr Daniel Ayalew.
Bahir Dar University established the Geo-spatial Data and Technology Center as one of its research center aimed at spatial data based research, Geo-spatial data archiving and supporting stakeholders.
Decision makers from different government and non-governmental institutions including the director of Ethiopian Geospatial information agency, Mr. Sultan Mohamed, have attend the summit