Full Name: Mulugeta Yayeh Worku
Academic Rank: Assistant Professor (PhD)
Po Box. 79
Block: Zengena Building
Office No: 01 (1st floor)
College : Education and Behavioral Sciences
Department: Teacher Education and Curriculum Studies
- PhD , Curriculum and Instruction (Bahir Dar University)
- MA, Curriculum and Instruction (Addis Ababa University)
- BEd, History Education (Bahir Dar University)
- Secondary school teacher at different secondary schools (1993- 2004)
- Teacher educator at Debre Markos College of Teacher Education (2004- 2014)
- Instructor at Debre Markos University (January-April, 2014)
- Instructor at Bahir Dar University (since May 2014)
Publications (Journal Articles)
Mulugeta Yayeh Worku (2017). Improving primary school experience and school-college linkage in Ethiopia through collaborative action research. Educational Action Research, 25 (5), 737-754.
Mulugeta Yayeh Worku (2017). The crisis and renaissance of curriculum studies: A reflection on the positions of Wraga and Hlebowitsh. Bahir Dar Journal of Education, 11 (1), pp. 34-47.
Mulugeta Yayeh Worku (2015). Effectiveness of primary school principals in managing the implementation of civic and ethical education curriculum. Bahir Dar Journal of Education, 15 (1), 24-40.
Mulugeta Yayeh (2011). Effective teaching for quality education: An assessment of teacher effectiveness in East Gojjam administrative zone. Journal of Educational Research, 1 (1), 57-81.
Mulugeta Yayeh (2010) Fostering societal values through appropriate strategies: The case of some selected schools in East Gojjam Administrative zone. Journal of Teacher Education, 2 (1), 31-61.
Mulugeta Yayeh., Animaw Tadesse, Desalegn Bizuneh, and Belay Tsega. (2011). Evaluative research on the effectiveness of civic and ethical education program: With particular reference to schools in East Gojjam Administrative zone. Journal of Education, 1 (1), 27-56.
Abebe Gebre Silasie, Addisu Liyew, Animaw Tadesse, Mulugeta Yayeh, and Getnet Zerihun. (2010). Evaluative research on the effectiveness of school improvement program: With particular reference to schools in East Gojjam Administrative zone. Journal of Education, 14 (1), 1-37.
Mulugeta Yayeh (2009). Challenges of building up good citizenship in Ethiopia: Key remarks on the instructional process of civic and ethical education. IER FLAMBEAU, 16 (2), 47-69.
Curriculum and Instruction
Foundations of education
General methods of teaching
Policy and practice of teacher education
Sociology of education
Area of Research Interest:
- Educational Action Research
- Philosophical, sociological, and historical foundations of education
- Curriculum and curriculum materials
- Teacher education
- Citizenship and social science education
Community Service projects offered
- Project 107: Training for primary school teachers of Bahir Dar city focusing on student empowerment
- Project 108: Action research training for Bahir Dar city primary school teachers
- Project 109: Action research training and supervision for Bahir Dar city primary school teachers