Call for research support opportunity for Master’s student
BENEFIT-REALISE programme Bahir Dar University Cluster would like to select one high potential Master’s student, for conducting research on the area of nutrition and/ or gender.
The successful applicant should:
- Be a Master’s student in Rural Development and Agricultural Extension, Agro-economics, Disaster and Risk Management, Human nutrition, Gender and Development at Bahir Dar University
- Have already started his/her Master’s study and completed course work at Bahir Dar University
- Be from partners organizations (Amhara Region Agricultural Research Institute, Amhara Region Bureau of Agriculture, Amhara Region Disaster Prevention and Food Security Coordination Office and Bahir Dar University)
- Be able to apply the following in the research: Decision making and empowerment of Women or Intra-household dietary diversity score
- Able to submit concept note of maximum of 5 (five) pages on the research thematic area
Research period: between December/2019 and October/2020
Advisors: One staff from the selected student’s department and one from the project, BENEFIT REALISE Programme Bahir Dar University Cluster
Type of support: In addition to the academic support from the promoter based on the rule of the university, the Master’s student will be benefited from the programme in terms of logistics, research materials and operational costs.
Submission of application
- Application letter, concept note and CV (including telephone numbers of 3 reference persons)
- All to be submitted in soft copies until November 15, 2019, 5:00 pm to email address: email@example.com
After screening for eligibility, the applicants will be evaluated and ranked by a selection committee of BENEFIT–REALISE programme. Name of the selected candidate will be communicated to the Executive Director for Academic Affairs at BDU. Applicants implicitly agree to these procedures.
- Women are encouraged to apply
BENEFIT REALISE Programme Bahir Dar University Cluster