Bahir Dar University introduced a five-year strategic plan. The document addresses very important strategic issues, each of which includes a number of general and specific objectives identified to help reach targeted outcomes. QEC is designed to provide a vital role in meeting these objectives by helping to improve the performances of both academic and administrative staff.
To help realize these objectives, the Center has designed its own strategic plan for the coming five years. The Center provides support (by working with the university community) in the following major strategic issues:
- Building good governance
- Improving competency and dedication of academic and administrative staff
- Enhancing capacity of research and community service
- Enhancing capacity for improving and utilizing information and communication technology
- Improving loyalty, honesty and ethics of staff
- Facilitating and giving necessary support to all capacity building activities conducted by volunteers.