- About Us
- Vice President for Research and Community Service
- የአማርኛ ቋንቋ ማበልጸጊያ ተቋም
- ARCCD Research Center
- Biotechnology Research Institute
- Blue Nile Water Institute
- DSF Research Center
- Energy Research Center
- GIS Research Center
- Institute of Pedagogical and Educational Research
- Tex & Garment Research Center
- Washera Geospace and Radar Science Laboratory
- Entrepreneurship Development and Incubation Center
- Institute of Economic Research
- Mecha Demographic Surveillance
- BDU TV
CASCAPE makes research findings available to farmers
BDU’s CASCAPE project has contributed in increasing produce and productivity through naturalizing, expanding and making research based selected seeds and technologies accessible to farmers.
The project, designing different useful packages, is presently working to create healthy and productive farmers.
On a research symposium with Regional Agricultural Research Institutes and governmental and non-governmental aid organizations working on selected seed development, CASCAPE has outlined the pros and cons of its future plan.
CASCAPE has been providing farmers with practice-oriented training on research based technologies and selected seeds as well as the preparation and use of Rhodes grass that could increase agricultural produce.
Recording effective research outputs, CASCAPE disseminates them among farmers through practical demonstrations, said the project’s coordinator, Dr. Yihenew G/Selassie.
BDU’s CASCAPE project, along with different stakeholders, has performed practical demonstrations on Rhodes grass, Sweet lupine, belete potato and food barely to farmers in South Achefer, Mecha and Dera woredas.