Learning and Teaching Technologies
Teaching and Learning Technology Unit Roles and responsibilities:
- Customize, Configure, maintain and administrate the LMS software for the regular and distance programs
- Setup and configure the digital library resources and provide training and support for the end users
- Configure the LMS servers, upload the curriculum and provide trainings for Instructors and Students embraced with e-learning programs
- Design and administrate the University website
- Promote and support the digital mode of delivery in the University academic programs
- Prepare and submit quarterly report for the Director
- Perform other related tasks given by the Director
- Install, configure and manage the video conference resources for the academic and other related uses
- Analyze and identify the programs and the courses to be covered with the e-learning programs
- Plan, implement and manage E-learning infrastructure
- Editing online learning materials based on end users’ needs and uploading materials developed
- Work with the academic departments for course material preparation and uploading
- Plan, implement and manage Digital Library infrastructure
- Digitalizing learning and teaching materials (modules, readers, references books etc.) for online access
- Administer the University’s applications and web site.
- Giving tanning to the system users of Bahir Dar University
Teaching and Learning Technology Unit
The delivery of a learning, training or education program by electronic means. E-learning involves the use of a computer or electronic device (e.g. a mobile phone) in some way to provide training, educational or learning material.
E-learning is the use of Information communication Technology to support the Teaching and Learning Process in a given educational institute.
Distance education provided the base for e-learning's development. E-learning can be "on demand". It overcomes timing, attendance and travel difficulties.
A website is a collection of related web pages, including multimedia content, typically identified with a common domain name, and published on at least one web server.
Web developers design and create websites. And also write the code that runs the site, and are often responsible for technical aspects such as speed, data storage, and traffic capacity.
The University website can be accessed through https: www.bdu.edu.et
Video Conferencing and Smart Classrooms Services
- Hosting Video Conferencing and manage video end points with hosted Video Network access
- It is a local video conferencing.
- Connected with woredas and training centers for Woreda Net programs
- Creates accesses for information, materials in connected network systems
- Facilitates distance learning courses, seminars and dialogues, exams etc.,
- Serves as a technological networking infrastructure for distance learners in the public sector organization
Smart Class rooms Service
are technology enhanced classrooms that foster opportunities for teaching and learning by integrating learning technology, such as computers, specialized software, audience response technology, assistive listening devices, networking, and audio/visual capabilities.