- About Us
- Vice President for Research and Community Service
- የአማርኛ ቋንቋ ማበልጸጊያ ተቋም
- ARCCD Research Center
- Biotechnology Research Institute
- Blue Nile Water Institute
- Energy Research Center
- GIS Research Center
- Institute of Pedagogical and Educational Research
- Tex & Garment Research Center
- Washera Geospace and Radar Science Laboratory
- Entrepreneurship Development and Incubation Center
- Institute of Economic Research
- Mecha Demographic Surveillance
- BDU TV
Construction and Evaluation of Bench-top Edible Oil Expelling Machine
Adoption of the design, manufacturing and performance evaluation of a table top high value low volume edible/medicinal oil screw type expeller has been started at a research a level since 2012 in Bahir Dar University Institute of Technology jointly by staffs composed of Mechanical & Industrial and Chemical & Food engineering schools. The research phase has already been concluded with very sound result. Proper design and selection of materials for the machine, manufacturing of the parts had brought about a very particular interest to transfer this useful and operative technology.
The technology will not only open job opportunity but also is an ideal choice for production and further research of health promoting virgin/cold pressed edible oils from various high value oilseeds.
A prototype of the machine has been manufactured already and its operation performance has been tested to be very promising. However, for optimal performance and effectiveness, further adjustment is being carried out with full support of the university and it is expected to be ready for transfer and mass production as of April, 2014.
School of mechanical and Industrial Engineering
Institute of Technology
Bahir Dar University