Call for paper
Call for Papers
"Azmari: Change and Continuity" – The Second International Azmari Conference"
October 9 and 10, 2015, Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia
The Abbay Research Centre for Culture and Development is one of the research centers in Bahir Dar University. It was established in 2012. Among many other objectives of the center, preserving, reflecting on and caring for cultural, historical, social and literary heritages by identifying and studying indigenous knowledge is the major one. With this objective, the Abbay Research Center for Culture and Development is organizing the Second International Azmari Conference which will take place on 9 and 10 October, 2015 at Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia.
Themes and Subtheme: The conference will have the general theme of: “Azmari: Change and Continuity” and the following subthemes:
- The roles of Azm ari in contemporary popular music bands.
- Azmari self-images.
- Azmari and other African musical specialists: Comparisons and contrasts.
- Azmari communities and villages.
- Early history of Azmari.
- Azmari language and argot.
- Azmari and their patrons.
- Azmari and tourism.
- Ethiopian and Diaspora Azmari.
- Azmari songs in non-Amharic languages.
- Azmari yesterday and today.
- Film/multimedia presentations.
- Other related issues
- Contact Addresses
Submission of abstracts, full papers and all communications regarding the conference should be made through the following E-Mail addresses:
For the detail look at the attched file
The TropiLakes2015 team would like to invite you to register and submit
abstracts for the TropiLakes2015 conference in Bahir Dar (Ethiopia), 23-29
Conference themes are:
1. Climate change impacts on water balance, hydrology and
meteorology of tropical lakes;
2. Land use changes and their impacts on geomorphology and soils:
land degradation, soil erosion, sediment budget, soil and water
3. Ecosystem services, water quality and aquatic ecology of
4. Tropical lakes as palaeo-environmental archives;
5. Impacts of dams on downstream rivers, water bodies and
6. Agricultural development; food and fiber production chains;
7. Waste (water) management and impact on lakes; and
8. Aquatic biodiversity in relation to large-scale water
We are happy to confirm the participation of three international keynote
speakers: Prof. Dr. L.A. (Sampurno) Bruijnzeel (VU University
Amsterdam/King's College London), Dr. Dagnatchew Legesse (IAEA, Vienna),
and Prof. Dr. Harry Verhoeven (University of Oxford/Georgetown University).
Attached you will find the second circular of the conference. Could you
please circulate it to colleagues and spread it in your own network (post it
on websites, research pages, research gate, mailing lists, etc.)?
We would like to draw your attention to that the fact that we will be
FUNDING the participation of 16 AFRICAN RESEARCHERS! (thanks to VLIR-UOS)
You can find more information on our website:
Thank you, sorry in case of cross posting, and we hope to welcome you in
|SecondCircular TropiLakes2015.pdf||1.11 MB|
Bahir Dar university cluster in collaboration with Center for Development Studies together with Blue Nile Water Institute is organizing Nile symposium to be held on 28-29 April,2015. This is to call for your scientific contribution.
Here with please find attached the call or see the link http://www.bdu.edu.et/bnwi/?q=content/call-paper-0