Biomedical Research Department
1. Population based reference intervals for common haematological, immunological and biochemical parameters in Amahara Region, North West Ethiopia
2. Host Genetic Factors that Influence Susceptibility to HIV infection and disease course among HIV/AIDS patients visiting Felege Hiwot Hospital
3. Molecular Epidemiology of Methicillin-esistant Staphylococcus aureus among patients with Skin and Soft Tissue Infections and on bed bug isolated from their residential institutions in Amhara National Regional State, Ethiopia.
4. HIV/TB lymphadenitis co-infection among TB lymphadenitis suspected patients and drug resistant profile of TB isolates by GenoType MTBDRPlus molecular line probe assay in North west Ethiopia.
List of suspended Research projects
1. Extensively Drug Resistant Tuberculosis and its associated factors in Amhara National Regional State, Ethiopia: By MTBDRsl molecular line probe assay.
2. Prevalence and Risk Factors of Latent Tuberculosis Infection among High risk groups in Amhara National Regional State, Ethiopia: A Cross-Sectional Study design by interferon gamma release assay.
List of new proposal for 2009 E.C
1. Human intestinal microbiota and their implication in the progression of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
2. Epidemiology, drug resistance, Treatment out come and transmission dynamics of TB, TB/HIV and MDR-TB among prisoners in Northwest
3. Tracking antimicrobial resistance; a compressive bacteriological study to establish empirical treatment guideline for North-western part of Ethiopia
4. Genetic, lifestyle and environmental determinants of breast cancer risk among patient visiting Bahir Dar Felege Hiwot hospital, northwest, Ethiopia: Case – Control study
5. Evaluation of the insecticidal effect of aqueous extract of selected plant species against bed bug, animal experiment and a field trial
6. Utility and Impact of Virologic Monitoring of ART and Its Choices of Clinical Specimen in Resource Limited Setting, Ethiopia: A Two Years of Cohort Study
7. The level of CD4+ lymphocyte, T-regulatory cells, CD8+ lymphocyte and monocyte among cancer patients in Northwest Ethiopia
Agricultural Research Department
1 Reproductive performances of cross-bred cows (F1 and F2) and genetic diversity of indigenous cattle in the Amhara region, Ethiopia
2 Population Ecology, genomic characterization and aquaculture suitability analysis of Varicorhinus beso in selected areas of lake Tana catchments
3 Identification and prevalence of bacterial and viral diseases of pepper using serological techniques
4 Phenomic and Genomic selection of indigenous dairy goat and developing sustainable breeding strategies in selected districts of Amhara Region, Ethiopia
5 Isolation and Identification of Salmo¬nella Species in Free- range Local Chickens in Selected sites of Amhara Region
6 Genotyping neglected multipurpose Ethiopian indigenous white lupin accessions to harness its genetic diversity
7 Temporal and Spatial Difference in Genetic Diversity of Tef in North West Ethiopia Using ISSR markers
8 Molecular Diagnosis and Genetic diversity study of potato bacterial wilt disease (Ralstonia solanacearum) in major potato growing areas of Amhara Region
9 Characterization and Investigation to Climate Change Adaptation of Indegenous Goats as a base for developing Diary Goat Breeding Strategy
Industrial & Environmental Biotechnology Research Projects
1 BRI-IEB-1001 Isolation, Production, Characterization and Evaluation of alkaline protease enzyme inbeam house/pre-tanning Process: An approach to eco-friendly leather processing in Ethiopia.
2 BRI-IEB-2001 Characterization, Analysis and Management of Solid and Liquid Waste in Selected Areas of Amhara Region, Ethiopia
3 BRI-IEB-2002 The Potential of Constructed Wetland Systems (CWSs) for the Treatment of Chromium Containing Tannery Wastewater, in the Case of Bahir Dar Tannery
4 BRI-IEB-2003 Optimization of Anaerobic Co-Digestion Parameters and System Design of Sewege Sludge and Brewery Yeast Waste (Case study of Dashen Brewery)
5 BRI-IEB-3001 Genetic Diversity of Ethiopian Wild Edible Mushrooms as Revealed by ISSR Markers and Characterizing their Nutritional Value
6 BRI-IEB-3002 The Effect of Spontaneous Fermentation on Anti nutritional Factors Of selected Cereal-Based Complementary Food
7 BRI-IEB-3004 Isolation and Characterization of native probiotic and other potential microorganisms from dairy products in Ethiopia