Bahir Dar university biotechnology Research institute (BDU-BRI) was established in 2012 under the research and community service vice president office of the University to foster cutting edge biotechnology research.
Vision of the institute:
- To see the institute being one of the ten premier biotechnology research institutes in Africa by 2025
Missions of the institute:
- To conduct groundbreaking research in key areas of biotechnology, generate innovative solutions to practical problems in the different areas
- Transfer and develop the cutting edge biotechnologies
- To provide an exceptional research environment that promote quality education mentoring tomorrow's biotechnology workforce while promoting economic growth.
- To ensure the development of vibrant human power and establishment of modern research facilities in the area of biotechnology
- To contribute towards the conservation and sustainable utilization of biological resources the country is endowed with through the development of appropriate biotechnology applications and products
- To foster the economic development of the country through enhancing capacity building, quality education , research and outreach activities using biotechnological tools